Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Aint she a BeAUtY!!??

Over Memorial Day weekend James went up to his cabin in Island Park for his annual GUYS fishing trip. This left me home alone for 4 days to get my craft on! This is the amazing KSL beauty I bought a few weeks back for only 20 bucks! What a deal right!? I saw her on line and instantly saw her potential. Luckily I found her before anyone else, because she was only on line for 14 minutes before I called and bought it! It was a good 2 day long process of sanding, priming, sanding again, painting, sanding again, a final coat of paint, and last but not least staining. But I could not be more happy with the end result! She is AMAZING! Now all I have to do is finish up the bench cushion im making for the seat. And then vwa-la, she will be complete! I love turning another mans JUNK into my TREASURE!!



This is how she looked to start out...

First round of sanding the shelves....

sanding the body....



Had to take off all the hinges and screws...


Priming the shelves and doors....





Priming the body....




Gotta love what paint can do!!!


Painting the doors and shelves...





AND HERE SHE IS!!!!!! Oh how I love her!!!! Now I'm on the hunt for the perfect knobs for the doors and hooks to hang from the shelves for coats/jackets. Hobby Lobby here I come!!

4 comments:

Richins Family said...

Awesome Kate :)

Allison and Josh said...

Katie, that looks amazing! I can't wait to see it in person! And I love your fabric choice!

Stephanie said...

go to anthropologie! they have some amazingly cute knobs! I love this! so cute! good work!

An average mom named rachel said...

that is awesome! I have been wanting to do a project like this for quite some time. And your's gave me motivation!