Thursday, August 26, 2010

A craft day gone wrong

So the past few Thursdays one of my cute friends has had the day off of work so we have been getting together to work on some projects we are making. Last Thursday we ran a few errands in the morning and made it back to my house just after the BIG rainstorm ended that I am sure everyone heard about. It hit Draper pretty hard and sadly it hit my neighbors house extremely hard. I felt bad abandoning my friend, but i just had to help while Jaxon took his nap! I wasnt as much help as my awesome mother and sister in law, but every helping hand counts for something right?? I just could not believe that a 20 minute rainstorm could cause so much damage to someones home. My heart just hurt for our cute neighbors as they just stood by helplessly watching their home fill with mud and water. As greatful as I am that nothing happened to our basement it still stinks that it had to happen to them. They have to be one of the sweetest couples I know. They are the other teachers for our primary class so on Sunday James and I had our cute little kids draw them all pictures that we took to them after church. I hope it helped brighten their rainy muddy week!
The front porch

The outside of the window that collapsed. Our house is on the right.

This is the room where all the water came in. The window broke and there was over 12 inches of mud in the room.

The main living room once we got all of the furniture out


4 comments:

Jamie And Leo Sagebin said...

Sad, that also happened in Eagle Mountain where we live. Our neighbors house looked just like that. With tons of mud. The sad part is that insurance didn't cover the damage. I was also amazed that, a rain strom did all that damage.

Richins Family said...

oh man that is so sad!

The Crayks! said...

Jamie-
Their insurance isn't covering it either!! They came back and said it was an "act of god" so it's not covered :( ITS AWFUL!

Chris and Shianne said...

oh poor neighbors! i felt so bad for them! dang rain let it be summer!